Dear Future Volunteer,
All of us are thrilled that you are considering donating your valuable time to USTA Florida. The success of our organization is dependent on volunteers like you giving their time and sharing their passion for tennis with others. Our staff and volunteers work as a "team" throughout the state to "promote and develop tennis in Florida."
Let’s get started and see how we can get you involved by matching up your time commitment, your interests, and any additional requests you feel are important. To assist us, please review the information below and complete the Starter Application.
Volunteers are needed at all levels including the local level (local communities), at the section level (within Florida) and nationally. We look forward to getting you onboard. What is your next step?
USTA Florida President
What is USTA Florida? USTA Florida is the governing body of tennis in the state and one of the seventeen sections of the United States Tennis Association (USTA). We have over 650 working volunteers and a staff of 27 dedicated to the mission "To Promote and Develop Tennis in Florida". By volunteering for USTA Florida, you become an integral part of that mission. We appreciate the efforts of each of our volunteers. Without volunteers we could never reach our goals to fulfill our mission.
What is the Purpose? USTA Florida provides quality events including league and tournament play throughout the state of Florida. We offer opportunities for all, juniors and adults, to participate in tennis programs throughout Florida.
We are always looking for volunteers to help us promote and develop the game.
Join the Team!!!
Here are some volunteer opportunities
Help organize and operate Competitive Tennis and Community Tennis Programs
- Photograph events
- Assist at tournament desks
- Courier information between different events sites
- Participate on tournament committees
- Collect information for the media
- Distribute poster/flyers
- Promote USTA membership
- Provide information about USTA Florida
- Promote USTA membership
- Assist with USTA Membership Appreciation Day
Assist with planning, promotion and implementation of USTA programs
- Participate in meetings
- Assist in developing goals and measure success
- Perform tasks assigned by Chair
- Volunteer Development
- Leagues Program
- Community Tennis – includes CTA Development, Advocacy Adaptive and Wheelchair Tennis
- Junior, Collegiate or Adult Competition
- Recreational Tennis – includes Ten and Under Tennis, Junior Team Tennis, Schools Tennis, Tennis on Campus and Masters Tennis
- Diversity – includes NJTL and First Serve
- Marketing and Membership
Appointment to Committees is for a two-year term. The incoming President appoints volunteers on the even year.
General Responsibilities – number of hours averages between 10-20 hours per month but varies on position, committee and time of year.
- Manage the Committee including meeting schedule, agendas and budget issues
- Lead meetings
- Lead Council in defining goals and measure success
- Represent the Committee to the BOD
- Submit changes to regulations (leagues, competition, bylaws and budget)
- Attend Annual and Semi Annual Meetings
- Prepare reports as directed by the President
Questions? Contact Volunteers Manager: Lynne Salus