In December of 2009, the first Floridian with a PLAY TENNIS! License plate
hit the roadways showing visible support forthe sport we all love! Since that time over 2200 plates have been purchased, providing funding for the USTA Florida Section Foundation’s grant programs. As of December 2012, our specialty license plate sales have exceeded $200,00 in spite of these tough economic times.
When you purchase our license plate, your $25 contribution will help the Foundation achieve its mission of "Changing Lives Through Tennis." Ninety % of all proceeds from the "Play Tennis!" plate will allow the Foundation to assist charitable organizations in operating tennis programs for Florida’s youth and special needs populations, along with building and renovating public tennis courts.
USTA Florida is a not-for-profit tennis association. We use 90% of our annual budget to directly support tennis programs in communities throughout Florida. We are committed to growth toward the promotion and development of tennis as an enjoyable sport that contributes to good health, character, and responsible citizenship..
USTA Facility Assistance Grants for 10 and Under Tennis Lines/Courts and Facility Improvement and Construction may also available if the National Guidelines are met by the facility. Up to 75% of grant dollars is available for adding 10 and Under Tennis (QuickStart) Lines and court conversion projects.
For more information on how to get started, please contact USTA Florida Director of Community Tennis Linda Curtis at 386-671-8934 or curtisL@florida.usta.com
USTA Diversity Grants
The lack of financial resources has been identified as a major barrier for young minority players who aspire to excellence in competitive tennis, as well as for local program organizers delivering tennis programs to multicultural audiences. The purpose of the grants is to provide funding to these organizations and individuals.
- Diversity Community Outreach Grant
- Multicultural Excellence Program Grant
- Multicultural Individual Player Grant for National Competition & Training
- Okechi Womeodu Scholar Athlete Grant
- Althea Gibson Leadership Grant
- Pancho Gonzalez Scholar Athelete Scholarship
- Arthur Ashe Essay Contest Scholarship
- USTA NJTL Invitational Camp Scholarship
USTA Serves Education and College Scholarships
The USTA Tennis and Education Foundation is dedicated to improving the quality of life among our nation’s youth. The purpose of the grants is to encourage children to pursue their goals and highest dreams by succeeding in school and becoming responsible citizens.
- Marian Wood Baird Scholarship Award
- Dwight F. Davis Memorial Scholarship
- Dwight Mosley Scholarship Award
- USTA Serves College Education Scholarship
- Eve Kraft Education & College Scholarship
- USTA Serves College Textbook Scholarship
- Player Incentive Award